Business Intelligence Dept.
About us ↑Top
Last July 2015, the Department of Business Intelligence was created within the Directorate General of Merchant Marine of the Panama Maritime Authority to address the need to count with accurate and scientific data for upper management to make informed and strategic decisions in order to guarantee the Panamanian Ships Registry to be more competitive every day while keeping its leadership as number one in the world sustainable throughout time.
It is key to detect threats relating to competitors as well as opportunities for growth through the skillful organization of data, strategic marketing and the strengthening of the relationship with our clients.
In this sense, the Department of Business Intelligence performs various functions to fulfill the main objective to consolidate our worldwide leadership, such as:
- Analyzing and correlating the available info whether internal or external with the strategic development of the world merchant fleet;
- Elaborating and maintaining information systems to guarantee and improve the quality of services offered in order achieve the customer satisfaction at all times;
- Providing information the upper management to aid in the decision making process;
- Developing the strategy and marketing plan for the Panamanian world fleet once the market segments have been identified;
- Providing technical advice to other departments when elaborating and executing research;
- Developing promotional material for the Panamanian merchant fleet;
- Keeping a close relationship with the operating departments of the Directorate General of Merchant Marine and with the Quality Management area;
- Managing and keeping a data base that includes updated information on high level visits and meetings;
- Managing executive visits to current and potential customers;
- Establishing mechanisms to avoid losses of customers; maintaining communication with the international offices of SEGUMAR and Consulates.